Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Korean Beef Patties


I like burgers and meatloaf, but sometimes, I just want something different. My family enjoys this recipe and I usually make a variation of it using minced onion, since I don't always have green onions on hand; I prefer it with green onions, but minced onion are tasty.

1 lb. ground beef
4 T. soy sauce
1 T sugar
1 T toasted sesame seeds, crushed
1 T. toasted sesame oil, optional
2 1/2 T chopped green onion
1 T. garlic, minced
Black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Form into four balls and flatten into patties. You can fry these in a frying pan or bake them in the oven. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your patties or meatballs and your preference for doneness. The recipe is easily doubled and they are tasty leftover as well; I prefer to warm them in a covered pan with a small amount of water, but you can microwave them to reheat them as well.

Alternatives:

Omit sesame oil &  green onions. Add 1/2 c. minced onion.  Form into small meatballs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
This recipe makes a nice oriental style burger that you can eat on a bun, or the meatballs go well with steamed rice and stir-fry vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got somethin' to say to me? Recipes, comments, and big bang quotes are all equally appreciated.